Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
What is a non-healing wound?
- Advanced age
- Pressure from sitting in wheelchairs or lying on bed
- Compromised immune system
- Radiation treatments
- Arterial disease
- Venous disease
A Wound healing program designed just for you
Every year, non-healing wounds caused by diabetes, poor circulation, or other health-related disorders, keep three to five million Americans from doing the things they love.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Evidence based wound care treatment
- Specialized clinical staff with advanced training and expertise in wound care
- A personalized care plan customized for each patient
- Open and ongoing communication with primary and referring physicians
- Compassionate and friendly staff
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
- Preservation of injured tissue
- Delivery of oxygen to the injured tissue
- Faster healing rates
- Improved control of certain infections
- Growth of new blood vessels
Specialized wound care – including HBOT – is often necessary for optimal treatment of chronic wounds. HBOT is an effective adjunctive therapy used in conjunction with advanced wound care. Along with proper attention to nutrition and other underlying medical problems, we achieve greater healing results.
HBOT is a proven treatment for:
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Lower extremity diabetic ulcers
- Radiation cystitis
- Radiation necrosis
- Failed skin grafts
If you or someone you know has a sore or wound that won’t heal, the clinical team at Coast Plaza Hospital Center for Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine can help. Call us today at (562) 868-2282 and begin your healing journey.